Wednesday 6 May 2015

Post Production - CGI character

This is the Character which I bought online.  Sadly the model wasn't already rigged and set up therefore had to put a rig and controls onto him.
So this is him in a testing pose before using the reference footage with maya to re-create the actor moving around.











Overall I've enjoyed using this model for the CGI parts of my film.  The Animation though out went smoothly and the overall look to them was good at the end.  Above you can the textures and bump mapping coming together to create a good scene and testing it before placing it into the final product, overall with the CGI character I'm happy with it since I've been the only one working on it and making the bump maps, along with the rendering of Maya's mental ray the final product will look really good.

Despite being on my own I think I've worked really hard to produce this level of quality work for my final project, granted it's not blockbuster level, however I wouldn't have thought I could accomplish this fully to the end and that I may have to make a trailer instead of a full film...



No comments:

Post a Comment