Wednesday 6 May 2015

VFX Title

From doing a few requests from clients asking to make a VFX template for channels and company names within After Effects  I thought it would be best to create something within After effects using my knowledge.

For this I decided to use the lightning effects and change the attributes to make them look very digital as if they are making a circuit within a computer. I decide this because of the Sci-fi theme of the film plus it makes a interesting view for the title to sit on or be revealed by the digital lighting.


From the time lapse above there has been a lot of tweaking and playing around in order to find what would be best for the into...  overall there are skips in some areas as I've been tweaking to make the finished product to my liking.

Time lapse here

After a lot of playing around tweaking I finally came up with this  which is shown in the development as a full run though as the load times were difficult at this point due to the video cache being nearly full at this stage.



Overall I'm happy with the end result and there isn't much I would change to this title beginning.

Pros
Done this before so happy to do again.
Fun area to try out new and different things while making something awesome.

Cons
Loses the traditional Title in moves
Finding the best way to fit the sequence into the final film.

No comments:

Post a Comment